New Obama policy bars Lobbyists from Fed Advisory Panels. Do you agree with this? Think he will really follow thru and keep it up?

Hundreds, if not thousands, of lobbyists are likely to be ejected from federal advisory panels as part of a little-noticed initiative by the Obama administration to curb K Street's influence in Washington, according to White House officials and lobbying experts.

linked below

Friday

Asked by Friday at 11:32 AM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• LINK

I think it's a great idea, lobbyists have too much influence on our govt. I will have to see if Obama actually follows thru and doesn't start making exceptions all over the place.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 11:35 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I think it's a great idea also. Hard to have the general publics best interest at heart when your job is to push an agenda. If he follows it through, kudos to him!
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 11:44 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Nice idea, but I expect he will do the same thing he did when he got elected - pay it lipservice and then ignore it. He made the same claim when he was elected and then within the first month was giving jobs to lobbyists.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:51 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Words are just that~WORDS.. Obama has already made a name for himself for talk and little to no action....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• If he actually follows through that will be great. I don't think he will and if he does I wonder how many secret lobbyist meetings will happen. He is a politician and was bought and paid for by certain groups. Should be interesting to see how this unfolds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I <3 this idea, but I tend to agree with NP. But we'll see. I'm hopeful.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:00 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Great idea! This should have always been the rule. I don't think it will happen though. There are a lot of things like BO hasn't followed through with. I think we will just be able to add this to the list.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• It would be great! I didnt vote for him and am disgusted at alot of what he does but there were a few thinks he campaigned on that I was REALLY hoping he would follow through with....THIS for one and transparency and accountability for another. I think these 3 things...THIS change...is why many people voted him in...and sadly, I dont think he will ever follow through with any of it!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• agrees with grly and NP
    Anonymous

• I have given up on what he says. I would rather watch what he does to determine how I feel.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:53 PM on Nov. 27, 2009