What does it feel like when your baby drops?

Im curious because im 33 weeks, and I think my baby just dropped. But with my first one I never felt it happen, because he never dropped until my water broke and I was already hooked up to the epidural by that time, so I felt nothing. So what did it feel like when your baby dropped?

Ad3n_M0mmy01

Asked by Ad3n_M0mmy01 at 12:08 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was around 30 weeks when my babys head engaged into my pelvic region. I carried low to begin with but when this happended my crotch hurt to walk, get up from bed, sit down, anything I did my crotch area always hurt(pressure). If you think your babyhas dropped or if you experience pressure in the pelvic region talk to your Dr. he/she may suggest taking it easy from work, excercise etc...
    Anonymous

• I didnt really feel it either. I just noticed it one day in the mirror, my stomach looked a lot lower. Some symptoms could be increased urination, able to eat more, or increased pressure on hips/pelvis.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• See thats what I thought to , I stood up and at the same time I felt a drop, like something dropping in my stomach . And so I did not know if it can happen all at once or if it just takes its time, since every pregnancy is different, I just dont know if it should be something I should be worried about if its not supposed to happen like that or what.
    Ad3n_M0mmy01

Answer by Ad3n_M0mmy01 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I don't think you really feel the baby drop...I just woke up one morning and noticed my stomach looked very different, all the weight had shifted down low and the shape of my baby bump had changed. Also, when I stood I felt a lot of pressure on my pelvis and I was urinating much more frequently. I could breathe better and there wasn't as much pressure on my ribcage and I was able to eat more at a time.
    javila

Answer by javila at 12:23 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• My baby actually has dropped and I'm dialated to a 2, I feel lots of pressure, and mucle pulling in my pelvic region, I can hardly walk, that's how it feels. Javila explains it too.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I just wrote a post about this today in the Babies due in February 2010 General Discussion Forum!
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 1:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• The biggest thing I noticed was that it felt easier to breath.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 4:08 PM on Nov. 27, 2009