Is Obama too moderate or too liberal for your liking?

I was having a discussion with a friend and she thinks Obama is too liberal. I have heard others say that he is too moderate.
What is your opinion, and why do you think he is too moderate or liberal - either way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Pfft hahaha way far to the left withot one doubt and I have known it since befor the man was elected.All the government control power grabs should make it apparent enough..and consider this MOST AMERICANS do not want this current health care bill going before a senate vote but HE DOESNT CARE..yep real moderate
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:12 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• He is way too liberal trying to wear a moderate disguise.  He poses as a moderate, but he is not even close to even being slightly moderate.  It is usually HIS way or the high way, there is no in between.

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 1:03 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Nope.
    Anonymous

• He's to much of a communist for my liking!
    Anonymous

• Too liberal - specifically his complete lack of fiscal self control. Something I read this morning really stuck with me. Two different statements Obama made during his campaign:
    "Washington will have to tighten its belt and put off spending"
    "go through the federal budget, line by line, ending programs that we don't need"

Those sentiments are the reason so many Republicans were willing to even consider crossing the line to vote for him. It wasn't his social policies, it was his fiscal ones. That he was lying about. Go figure.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• He is too liberal. Many his associations, czars, etc border on the verge of "far left"....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Way too liberal, he ran as a moderate middle of the road guy and boy do we see his true colors now, I wish DH and I would have listened to some of our friends more, he never would have had our votes.
    Anonymous

• Great point NP
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:03 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Depends on the issues, really. He's far too moderate on some things that I care deeply about (such as gay marriage). He's too liberal on other things (such as fiscal responsibility). I can't say which he is overall, because I have different opinions about each area of politics.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• He is too ineffective for my taste.... nothing to do with moderate or liberal.... the economy is BAD and his programs have not helped enough (in my mind, not at all, but I am trying to be nice here!)
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2009