Whats a miscarriage like?

okay my husband and I do not use protection, my first born is 6 months old. I am still breast feeding but i have been having normal periods after he was 2 months old. This last period I am on now was a little later than usual and this past month I have had this unusual awful feelings right in the middle of laundry or something ( I would suddenly have hot flashes, abdominal pain, gas, shaky, sick, dizzy). It would only last a couple of minutes and it only happened 3 or 4 times before my period. My question is does it hurt when you miscarry, would this be similar symptoms?

childofGod51509

Asked by childofGod51509 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Health

• Thank you so much, for filling me in, and Im so sorry for all of your losses... This helps alot. I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know. Again Thank you so much.
    childofGod51509

Answer by childofGod51509 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• It hurt when i miscarried. I had horrible cramps and i was very sick and dizzy. I was very weak too. I couldn't even stand up on my own. But i was about 3 months along.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:28 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I had one m/c at 6w that was just like a really heavy, crampy period. I passed more clots than usual too. I also had one at 12w, and it was more painful, but I also had a lot of bleeding, hemmorhaging really, and needed a D&C. With the earlier one I don't remember feeling dizzy or shaky, beyond just shaken about losing the baby. With the second I spent a few days lying on my couch crying with my husband recovering from the loss of blood, so I was weak and light headed.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• When I had my miscarriage, I was almost 3 months along. I was in so much pain that I was double up over. I was sick, dizzy, shaky, and bleed a lot. I, also, passed a lot of clots. Like the poster before me, I had to have a D& C as well. I think the severity of the pain depends on the person and how far along you are, too. I'm not sure if that helps you, but that's how it was like for me.
    Desirae17

Answer by Desirae17 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2009