My 1 year old daughter is constantly contispated....help!!!!

I don't know what it is. but she's constispated all the time. like maybe 2-3 times a week. When she is I usually just rub her tummy until she is relieved. I have no idea what it is in her diet? Is this normal??

EdnaMaria

Asked by EdnaMaria at 12:56 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try incorporating more fibre into her diet, same happened to my 1yrold neice n my sister just incorporated more fibre into her diet. rubbing the tummy helps too, I do that to my 3mnth old when he is constipated.
    Anonymous

• Drinking milk and milk products can constipate kids. Try stopping milk and if she isn't overweight let her drink a glass or two of apple juice a day. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends only 4-6 ounces of juice from a glass or cup not a sippy cup or bottle a day. One of the main reasons is childhood obesity.

Kids don't need to drink milk and the maximum milk or milk products they are supposed to have is two child sized servings. Most kids like so many things with milk it's hard to keep it down to only two. Milk drinking can cause kids to have problems with allergies, constipation, anemia, and obesity.

Oatmeal is a good way to increase the kind of fiber that will help with constipation. Of course fruits and veggies.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• apple prune juice should help.
    momoftwokids547

Answer by momoftwokids547 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• increase water intake, let her run around with a sippy all day, did wonders for my LO
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Oh and stay away from BRAT foods (bananas, white rice, apples, white bread)
    gypsymama532