Does anyone have any fun childrens birthday party game ideas?

My SD is having her 8th birthday party this weekend and I'm at loss for games to play. We're going to have a pinata and have a face painter, but the only game I can think of is playing hot potato. She doesn't want to play pin the tail on the 'anything' so that's out. Any suggestions?

not-the-momma

Asked by not-the-momma at 1:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• At that age mine loved the 'stomp the balloon" game. Blow up a bunch of balloons each kid gets three balloons. They have to pop on while standing, one while sitting and one anyway they want. First one done wins. If you have a lot of kidds run two heatrs and then a 'pop off". Relay race with an egg in a spoon firat team done does a fastest member run off for a prize.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Well, what's always been a classic for me and my boys is musical chairs. Maybe she would be opened to that game.
    Desirae17

Answer by Desirae17 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Scavenger hunt -- make it fit the theme for the part -- treasure hunt, fairy hunt, whatever. Have clues, notes, little pizes, they usually love it!
    AislinnAsparas

Answer by AislinnAsparas at 4:24 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Oh, you might even want to have Kereokie (spelling); I'm thinking at age 8 she probably loves Hanna and the Jonas Bros. but if it is a boy/girl party -- might not work...
    AislinnAsparas

Answer by AislinnAsparas at 4:25 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• what about getting canvases at Michaels and art supplies and drawing a picture of their favorite birthday party they've ever been to.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 11:21 AM on Dec. 1, 2009