Any suggestions on what to name a new girl puppy?

We got a new puppy yesterday and she already has a name but she is young and my 6 year old daughter wants to rename her. She is having a hard time coming up with names so I wanted a few suggestions. What are your dogs names? What names do you like? She is 1/2 tea cup pomeranian and 1/2 chihuahua. She is mostly black with some white around her feet (she was named socks) and some on under her neck. Thanks!!!!

Frogbaby83

Asked by Frogbaby83 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• we had a black and white dog before named CallaLilly...but we called her Calli...we kind of named her after our other dog who died a year ago Lilly...I love the name lilly....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 3:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• How about ginger, or cubby, or puffy.

Answer by older at 1:21 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• My sons named our girl puppy Cera after the girl dinosaur in Land Before Time. Our pup is a teacup poodle so she's quite small.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• We always give our dogs "real" names. Our Jack Russell is Tony and our outside dogs are "Jack" and "Jill". Other dog names that our friends have are Lisa, Annie, Dexter, Izzie, Dakota, Lola and Maggie
    Anonymous

• I guess it's hard to give you ideas on what to name her but if I had a puppy I would base it by personality and maybe the look of the dog. Another option is to let one of the kids pick the name if they are old enough to talk of coarse it would be alittle difficult to give a 5 month that choice lol. Good Luck on finding her a name :)

-Cupcake
    -Livvie
    -Princess
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I like Lola we also like the name Flower
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• how about Oreo if shes got a little black on her. I like Marigold, Flower, and Ginger too
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Peawee ....being she is a small dog or going to be. Or baby.

I never liked human names for dogs/cats. Though my cousin had a dog named Jacob/or jake for short.. She told her friends they'd be getting a new addition to the family and they thought she and husband adopted another child ( she kept one a secret til they knew for sure they could adopt the child) and her friend said,"Oh cool! We can have a baby shower soon!"

jake was decent enough name cause dog names just aren't out there unless you use human counterpart names too.

I'm sure jacob could care a less! lol

I stick with the odd names. Weezer ( a bull dog cause he sounded like he couldn't breathe all the time! )

Ember, Ash, and Singe ( kittens rescued from a fire ) Singe got some of his tail singed off from the fire.

Kids usually come up with some good names. Give it time and the personality will determine the name I'm sure.
    Anonymous

• Emma, then when ever someone tells you they named their DD the most popular name out there (lame), then you can say "Oh, that's my dogs name!"
    Anonymous

• That's not a dog, it's a rodent. A dog has to weigh at least 20lbs, to be considered a real dog. I'd say anything smaller then a beagle isn't a dog.
    Anonymous