Do you use child support to buy Christmas gifts for your children?

I wasn't sure if it was "right" to use child support to buy my daughter Christmas gifts. I'm not talking about using the entire check, but maybe $40. What do you do?

Thanks, mommies! :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't get child support (my hubs and I are married), BUT my parents were divorced and my mom would get child support for me. She would use the support $ for things my sis and I needed-- like groceries, new shoes, clothes, and if there was ever any left she would use to to buy 'extras' for us--- like a new cd, a toy, something fun... Since the money is for your children, I do not see anything wrong with using some of it to buy gifts for your children.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• use it for whatever you need to use it for. if thats christmas by all means do christmas. i personally use my entire child support check on things for our home. like toilet paper, laundry detergent,ect.... but i think as long as your not blowing it on booze or drugs than use it for whatever you need.
    Anonymous

• I don't see anything wrong with that as long as your child isn't starving or doesn't have something they need. If your using it responsibly there isn't anything wrong with that. If it makes you feel better just spend "your" money on the gifts and then use $40 of the child support money to suppliment your grocery bill. Either way its going to your child.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• why not???? Um... you're getting something FOR your child. Not to mention that frees up more money for other things. Child support is for the child that also includes: clothes, school, groceries, rent, utilities, dr., daycare etc.etc.etc.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 5:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2009