My husband spoils the kids...

My husband is an amazing dad and husband, he loves us all very much. The thing is he NEVER says no to the kids. I have 4 kids, boy 8, twin girls 5 and another boy 4. My husband always let them have their way, even when I say no. This is bad because especially the 3 younger ones think I'm the bad guy! And when I yell or say no they say "I'm telling daddy" and they just ignore me. What should I do? I'm with them all day and I can't stand them testing my limits all the time!! I love my kids very much, but they drive me crazy and I really think it's because of their dad's behavior. He doesn't listen, he doesn't think it's a big deal. But he's not the one who has to yell and punish them! He lets them get away with anything they do! And they worship him. What do I do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• talk to him. if he doesnt listen make him. sometimes a "fight" does good if its necessary.
    Anonymous

• The most important part of parenting is that mommy and daddy are a team, always. You are your dh need to have a serious talk.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I agree with buzymama. You always have to present a united front otherwise the children are going to walk all over you. You cannot always give them what they want or they will not value what they have. He really needs to understand that what he is doing is going to cause your children problems when they are older. Good Luck!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Mine has the annoying problem of teaching them bad habbits, like laughing when some one gets hurt, and is contradictory. Last night we got onto the older one when she was doing what little sister was doing, so we appoligized and told her that she needs to tell us what is going on when we get onto her. Well, later on she went for a ball under the table and dh told her to get from under the table, she tried to tell him she was going after the ball, he wouldn't listen and she got in trouble. He could have told her to just leave the ball, but no he had to act like he didn't hear anything about the ball... And he's the one telling me to pick my battles and that if she's always getting in trouble that she's just going to do wrong cause she won't care!!!
    Anonymous