anyone else's epidural stop?

had my beauriful girl yesterday, had an epidural and at maximum dosage it only stopped pain in my front but my whole back during back labor did not respond at all.

this happen to anyone else? did it happen each time?

Laura_Cruz

Asked by Laura_Cruz at 1:26 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had one with my first after having I think it was stateall or something that sounds about like that in my IV, They were coming in and giving me extra shots of the epidural every couple of minutes, plus they turned off the beeper on the button machine so that we could just push it to our hearts content. Everything was more sensative. I FELT EVERY LITTLE thing. Like his head wanting to come out but being stuck. (when I finally woke from the c-section and saw him, I could even see on his head where he had wedged himself pretty good trying to get out). I would have been better off without it.
    Anonymous

• they call it a "window" where the epidural dosent work i had a small window of area where i coud still feel things so i told them and the fixed the postioning of the epi a little and it ade it all better
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 2:38 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• hey congrats on the baby i had one with my 2nd child and it was awsome till i go to a 9 then it made me stop dialateing so they had to stop it and start potacin uh im preg with baby #3 and i dont know if i want one now lol
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• When I had my son I still felt the contractions the whole time through the epidural but I didn't feel him come out except for some pressure. I was induced.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 1:01 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I ended up having to have a c section like the woman who gave the first answer, and for the same reason, maybe it was just that situation that caused the epidural to stop working
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Nov. 28, 2009