Do you think it would be ok if I have sex, Or should I wait like I was planning?

Im about 8 weeks pregnant and I am spotting. I went to the doctor today and he say that my HcG level is 5379 and my cervix is closed tight I also had an ultra sound and the baby is in there. I was thinkin that I shouldnt have sex but my doctor didnt tell me not too.

jasiramommy

Asked by jasiramommy at 11:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's probably OK, just don't over do it... but if you're really concerned about it, you probably won't enjoy the sex. Maybe it would be a good time to give your DH that BJ he's been wanting. :)
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Why would you ask people who do not know your medical condition and are not doctors? I have several posts today like this. CALL your doctor's office.
    Bevner

Answer by Bevner at 1:03 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Call your doctor and ask. He will gladly give you his advice for the next 9 months afterall this is what he does, ask.
    Michelle
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• if u feel confortable doing it just do it . BUT NOT HARD girl :P lol
    kiUmY

Answer by kiUmY at 5:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I was spotting around that time to. I called my dr and they told me not to have sex for a few days and to take it easy. They said to sit down and put your feet up and relax for a couple of days. But if I was you, I would probably call your dr to make sure everything is still okay. Hope it helped.
    Brittanyn203

Answer by Brittanyn203 at 7:44 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I had some spotting aroung 5.5 weeks and my midwife told me NO intercourse until she see's me again, which is tomorrow
    alyssasmommy25

Answer by alyssasmommy25 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I was told NOT TO HAVE SEX until the first trimester was over. Then after that I was told not to have sex until after I gave birth. There is a substance in sperm that can cause you to have a miscarriage. If you already have spotting I wouldn't chance it. Consult your OB/Gyn and see what is recommended for you. My OB/Gyn is a high risk specialist.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• this happen to me around the same time and when i called my doctor he said that i was doing this cause my boddy was getting ready for the baby! Just ask your doctor that would be best we are all different!
    babycarson

Answer by babycarson at 11:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• when i spotted with my first they confirmed the pregnancy and then told me not to have sex for a week to hopefull y make the bleeding stop. with this pregnancy they never toldme, but i was afraid to anyways cause i didnt follow the drs orders and ended up bleeding again.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 1:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• yeah ask your Dr, but if I was me I wouldnt, I would wait a few days to see if it stopped
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2008