If there is ONE member of your family that spreads lies about everyone in your family but you, would you remain friends with them?

I guess the holidays bring out the "best" in people, huh?

I have a cousin who insists that she can do no wrong and that the world revolves around her. She spreads lies about her mother, my brother, my mother, and pretty much everyone else in our family except me.

I try to stay neutral, she's much better as a halfway friend than a total enemy. I have done nothing to anger her, but apparently (to her) everyone else in the family is evil and she is not.

Would you continue contact with a family member who slanders the good name of everyone but you?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 1:59 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes I would. For a couple reasons. One, the hope that they would actually become friends with me and so would stop lying. And two, because you should keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Answer by Bmat at 2:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2009