Should I take my birth control on Sunday or wait till I get my period next month?

My pharmacy didn't have my birth control pills last Saturday when I went to refill them (I was supposed to start the new pack on Sunday). The pharmacy called yesterday and said they were in. Can I start taking them this Sunday or do I have to wait till I get my period again? I already had my period last week and am supposed to take them the Sunday after I get my period. So basically I'm starting a new pack a week after I was supposed to.

heatherann0221

Asked by heatherann0221 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd call my dr or the pharmacist

Answer by admckenzie at 2:10 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• yes I'm going to ask him when I pick it up today. Was just wondering. I do have back up condoms just in case though. I'm sure he'll tell me it's okay, just to use the back up as well.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I'd wait and use other protection this month. Your body is already recruiting a follicle which is growing toward ovulation. Starting this weekend could cause a cyst or something.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2009