How can I get a smell out of my carpet?

We had a disaster today. My 2.5 yr old son squrited Miracle Muscle Rub all over my bedroom carpet. The product is made up of mostly natural ingredients, so I am not worried about staining, just the smell is unbearable. It smells much like a very strong extra strength BenGay, and definately clears your sinus's. Please Help!

ldanne13

Asked by ldanne13 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would say use resolve carpet foam i havent found a smell it cant get out yet. it worked great when they kids poured syrup in my carpet. i thought id never get rid of the smell. i use it for everything from puke from the kids to messes from the dogs when we were house training.
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 2:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I always used baking soda. I just sprinkle some all over the carpet. Let it set for about 10 minutes or so, and then I vacuum clean it right up. I have to admit that I've never used it for Miracle Muscle Rub before, but I have for other toddler disasters, and it's worked for me in the past. Resolve is good, too, but if you are in a pinch as far as money goes, baking soda normally doesn't cost much. So, that's what I've always used.

Desirae17

Answer by Desirae17 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I would clean it with vinegar water. Dry it with a hair dryer on low, then sprinkle baking soda and VACUUM! LOL
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 27, 2009