Is it really that great of a deal if you shop black friday?

I think they mark everything up 60% in the summer and drop it back down so it looks like a deal! I've shopped other days and seem to get good deals. Hype hype hype...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It all depends on what you are looking for! And consumers really have to do their homework to know if they are in fact getting a good deal!

I know that when I am looking for an expensive electronics item or some other big ticket item--I watch sale circulars for a several months (since I prefer to pay cash or plan on paying off my credit card within 1-2 months), I read Consumer Reports, I search online for price ranges and read customer reviews. And IF it so happens the specific item I want is on sale and it is the best deal I've seen so far, I will likely buy it--otherwise, chances are that same item will be on sale again, and there will be TONS in inventory--as in AFTER Christmas! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:20 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I save my money for after Christmas sales. Better deals.
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 27, 2009