Help! Need your opinions....

A friend of ours died this week and my husband and I want to attend the funeral (about 1.5 hours away). I was planning on going and bringing my 6 month old baby. Another close friend just told me that it is HIGHLY inappropriate to bring a baby to a funeral, that has never crossed my mind! What do you think??

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 3:30 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't.... it's a sad time and I couldn't be my 100% for my son. and I've never seen a baby at a funeral..
    Anonymous

• Not innapropriate at all. Why would it be? It is a fact of life...people die and people go to funerals, with their kids no matter what the age.
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• My cousins brought their infant to my mother's funeral. I wouldn't have dreamed of them doing anything else. There is nothing that makes it inappropriate, but sit in the back so if he gets the LEAST bit fussy you can leave the room discretely.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I see no problem with bringing to baby as long as you sit close to an exit in case baby is upset and starts disrupting the service.

I would disregard what anyone says in the situation, and think about your friend. Would he have wanted you there? Would he have thought it innappropriate for you to bring the baby?
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 3:50 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I think its ok if you have no one to watch your baby however first sign of crying or really any noise you should leave
    LuvingMy3Girls

Answer by LuvingMy3Girls at 6:51 PM on Nov. 27, 2009