How does this make sense?

People argue that they can't afford vegetables because organic is so expensive, and that's why they eat big mac and hamburger helper instead. So if you're so concerned about your health that you insist you can only buy organic produce instead of buying the normally priced, affordable produce (that most studies find is actually the same as organic in the majority of cases), why are you eating the big mac and the hamburger helper at all?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:35 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ha ha ha, NotPanicking! That's probaby it.

But, I get what you're saying...if they want to be health concious, but say they can't afford organic, but then eat crap like Hamburger Helper because it's cheaper, then they're really not that health concious, esp. since they can eat regular veggies, which are cheaper than organic, maybe more expensive than Hamburger Helper, but at least they're healthy. OR that group of people can eat other non-veggie-non-organic, but not Hamburger Helper foods. Ugh.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:27 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I am not sure I understand your question....Are you asking why organic-only eating people eat big macs and hamburger helper too ? I am just confused lol

But anyways, here, where I live in OHIO....it is cheaper to buy vegatables than a big mac....I get bundles of veggies and salad for like a few dollars ..and a big mac meal is like $7....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 3:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Are you asking why organic-only eating people eat big macs and hamburger helper too ? Pretty much - or the more obvious question - why do people who live on big macs and hamburger helper even try to pretend when it's obvious they're lying?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I think it is okay for anyone to eat a burger once in awhile so long as it isn't their primary diet.
    There has to be a balance, which is where common sense comes in. A diet filled with fruits & veggies is preferable, of course, but it doesn't have to be organic. It can be the store brand and be just as good. I'm not dead from it yet.
    But again, nothing wrong with an occassional burger. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:52 PM on Nov. 27, 2009