What is the hardest part about returning to work after pregnancy?

I am doing a school report on Women in the workforce focusing on maternity. I could use all the feed back I can get. It has to be a 6-8 page report, so help me out please!! :D

BelleScorp

Asked by BelleScorp at 3:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• Finding employment if you were not employed prior to pregnancy.
    dani2780

Answer by dani2780 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Well, I took an 11 week maternity leave. I work for the government and came back to work full-time. It is very exhausting. Some nights I'd be up every hour with the baby only to turn around and get ready for work in the morning. I would say that is the #1 hardest thing. Finding daycare can also be very stressful, especially if you didn't have a place lined up in advance. Feel free to message me. My daughter is 8 mos. so it's still pretty fresh in my mind.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:53 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Finding a daycare/sitter (especially if you work odd hours and not a straight 9-5 weekday shift), the exhaustion from night feedings, and especially just having to leave your baby with someone else.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:03 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Learning to prepare speedy, healthy meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:28 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• keeping up with pumping for Breastfeeding
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Qualtiy child care and an understanding employer when the child is sick or has to be picked up form day care because the child got sick at day care.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• definitely child care and willingness of employer to be understanding about emergency situations...My daughter has a genetic liver disease that requires frequently monitoring by a liver transplant doctor. One particular incident, I had taken my daughter to her appointment, (which was in the morning an hour away from our house), and was supposed to be at work in the afternoon. After checking my baby's blood work, the doctor had some real concerns which required us to stay the entire day for further testing. I called to let my job know that I would not be able to make it in because of the situation with my daughter and they told me "if we would've knew you had these PROBLEMS, we would not have hired you. Now im going to have to find someone with REGULAR children to take your place" AND WAS FIRED!
    mzhazelrae313

Answer by mzhazelrae313 at 2:45 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I returned back to work at 11wks so for me was leaving my husband to deal with our new baby and our toddler at the same time. Also working 12hrs night shift was tough, not only did I have to cont. to pump while I was away but also feed the baby during the day and sleep too before going back. We decided not to put the kids in daycare for personal reasons so time mangeement has been very hard for me especially when I had meetings during the day and work at night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Nov. 30, 2009