Do you favor one child over the other? Be honest!

anh2231

Asked by anh2231 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• nope
    Anonymous

• not generally. There are moments of everyday where i favor one child more then the other. But overall i love them both the same. but in different ways.
    my situation is kind of unique though. considering that i have never given birth and my two sons are not biologically brothers. There are a lot of other things that factor into my emotions about either of my children, both consciously and subconsciously.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I don't mean to favor one over the others, but it comes off to other people like I do. My middle son had severe reflux and I was the only one who have anything to do with him. No one would hold, feed, or watch him. And all he ever did was cry, so I did whatever made him happy. Now he is super spoiled and really attached to me. I am the only one who can sit next to him, put on his shoes, tuck him in, etc. And I swear to you, when he looks at me, I can see the love in his eyes--he is so loving and affectionate--my other boys are not really. So, I love them all equally--truly I do--but the middle and I have a different kind of bond because he never really bonded with anyone else.
    mom2LandL

Answer by mom2LandL at 3:49 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Yes. Have to admit I spoil our little girl a little more. It's so much easier with her being the baby and she's so in charge of the boys and she's only 17 months old. I do love them all equally but she's a heart slayer.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:50 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• In general, no. In certain situations, maybe. It depends on the situation.....being allowed to do something, it depends on the age...
    Anonymous

• I love both of my children dearly and I love them both in different ways, I think I end up spoiling or favoring one over the other on a day by day basis, like one day my daughter will get more attention and things and then some other day my son will but generally they are treated and love the same
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 4:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• No.

Answer by louise2 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I love both of my children with all my heart but I honestly do 'like' one better than the other. I just don't understand my son and we don't click. That doesn't mean I don't love him though. I hug him and kiss him and will always be there for him but I just don't understand him.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:46 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• some people think I do but I don't each one has diff issues sometimes I worry more about one than the other but I love them both. Sometimes I like one more than the other though (depends on the phase they are going through)
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 5:32 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I feel horrible saying this but yes I do. I have a 21 month old boy and I love him dearly but he is very exhausting! I have a 6 month old boy as well and he always is crying so he gets my attention alot, plus he is breastfed so he requires more mommy time. My youngest is my baby and he goes everywhere with me because of the fact he breastfeeds. My oldest always gets left behind with a sitter. Recently my oldest went 2 hours away visiting family for a week and while I missed him it was nice having just one baby. I love both my kids but do feel my oldest is closer to the siter and grandma than me because it always is me and the baby. I just seem to enjoy more time with the baby and put all energy in him. Im feeling like such a bad mommy. =(
    anh2231

Answer by anh2231 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 27, 2009