In your opinion, why are far left politicians a danger to the United States?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Same reason far rightists are -- too much of anything can be a bad thing, so either extreme is dangerous, especially in politics when they're of the mind that their way is the right way and the only way.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:07 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Because they are leftists.

That's bad enough without adding anything to it.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 4:55 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Because like Dragon said too much of one or the other isn't going to work. The US is comprised of lots of people with lots of different views yeah if everything were to go far left the far lefts would be happy but the moderates and the rights wouldn't and vise versa it is supposed to be balanced. The right and the left are supposed to work and compromise not railroad each other.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• IMO~This nation was NOT founded on Big Federal Government intervention. Far Left believe more in government intervention and LESS in private sector entrepreneurship. They believe in taking one person's hard work/earnings and giving it to others... I believe in working hard and choosing who and where I want to donate my money and time to help others. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:08 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• now grlygrlz2 is the expert on what the far left believes in

sorry, my kool-aid isn't that strong

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Far left socially or far left fiscally?

Because a socially far left politician is my cup of tea. We need more that are willing to stand up for more social freedoms instead of bending down and taking it from the back in order to make others happy. A fiscally far left politician can get a little freaky.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:12 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• "now grlygrlz2 is the expert on what the far left believes in

sorry, my kool-aid isn't that strong"

I know, really. It's like they stare in our windows and take notes or something.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I think it's the majority they have that is the biggest issue with me. I don't like that they can shut out the representatives for more than half the population and pass whatever agenda they want with their filibuster proof majority. You know what they say about absolute power. And the fact that they have spent so much without anything to show that the spending is working to get us out of our economic crisis (they love that word). And for the record, I would feel the same about Republicans having that sort of majority.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:15 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• We need more that are willing to stand up for more social freedoms instead of bending down and taking it from the back in order to make others happy.

Correction. If they are so willing to bend down and take it from the back then they would be standing up for social freedoms. Neither side want you to have freedoms.
    Anonymous

• Where did I say I was an expert? I'm flattered :o) But the last time I checked this was a place to share opinions... I shared my opinion on the topic at hand. You didn't.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2009