okay castor oil? does it work and how long did you have to wait? dont answer if your going to say dont do it .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't do it. I think you said that because deep down you know it's not a good idea and why would you do something to yourself that you know is not a good idea? There are a lot of ways to induce labor that are effective and don't require you to drink castor oil. It will just make you vomit and/or mess up your bowels and give you chronic diarrhea. Don't do something stupid.
    Anonymous

• How far along are you? Are you overdue? What other ways have you tried to induce labor? I have a lot of friends who have used home remedies to induce labor and some have proven very effective. I can help you with some ideas if you want. :)
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 5:25 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• im 41 weeks.
    i tried sex
    i tried walkinq.
    i tried stimulation nipples . lolss
    nothinq worked .
    Anonymous

• Keep having sex! The only way of inducing labor that is more effective than sex is to go to the hospital and have them do it for you. Why won't your doctor do it for you? Have you had any complications? You can drink raspberry leaf tea. When you have sex it helps to have an O ( not just you but also your SO ). Eating spicy food, eating pineapples, getting on all fours ( scrubbing the bathroom or kitchen floor ), prenatal massage, eating fried eggplant.....there are lots of ways you can do this. BUt don't drink castor oil-this will only make you very ill and it won't work.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 5:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I know it's hard to be that pregnant ( I didn't have my son til 42 weeks, I was induced ), but try these things and be patient. The baby won't stay in there forever. What is your doctor saying about all this?
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 5:41 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I have heard it will do nothing but give you terrible diarrhea and gas, and possibly make you vomit, and if I was going to push out a baby, the last thing I want is loose bowels. YUCK. I have heard raspberry tea will do the trick, two teabags instead of one. Also there is a pressure point on the bottom of your foot that if rubbed just right is rumored to work too. As for bumpy roads, castor oil, and spicy foods. none of them worked for me. Sex.. Sex Sex.... cause we know you feel ohhhh so sexy right now, but it makes your muscles contract. =)
    Tessasmom24

Answer by Tessasmom24 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• HAVE A LOT OF SEX. SEX IS A SURE-FIRE WAY TO BRING ON LABOR, IT MAY TAKE MORE THAN ONE TIME BUT IT WILL WORK. IT WORKS BEST IF YOU BOTH HAVE AN ORGASM.
    Anonymous

• I personally tried it with my last when i was 40 weeks and got the ok from my dr. All it did was make me vomit literally all night long, it was horrible! The baby won't come until it's ready, just try and enjoy life before the baby gets here because once it is your going to be even more tired than you already are. GL
    Anonymous

• DON'T DO IT!!!!!! It causes fetal distress, severe dehydration, and ups your chances of your baby having a bowel movement whichs ups the chances of the baby breathing it in and ups the chances of your baby developing pneumonia. There are sooo many dangerous side effects when using this method of induction.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Castor oil causes diarrhea which upsets the uterus causing contractions if you're lucky. If you're not you dehydrate due to the diarrhea which irritates the uterus causes cramping which puts the baby in distress. Since castor oil is considered a laxative and it crosses the placenta baby will get some too which can cause a bowel movement in itero which is then inhaled into it's newly developed lungs and causes a bad infection which then needs to be treated with antibiotics. But hey if you're ok with all the risks and such it should start working (on causing the diarrhea) within an hour. It's going to be hard to tell the bad cramps from actual contractions so make sure you drink plenty of water. Personally I'd just ask for an induction the right way. Still has it's risks, but the hospital is better prepared for them.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2009