my daughter wants to know how to have sex how do i tell her?

write the steps as if you are telling this to your daughter

steph5673

Asked by steph5673 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• oh wow thats a tough one... find books to give her maybe....
    Anonymous

• and ps- get her STD/pregnancy books as well
    Anonymous

• I can see wanting to know about sex and having that serious talk, but knowing how is taking it a little too far, shse is wondering about doing that, it seems, I'd talk to her about all of it, but not how to do it, that's something you learn as you go.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Just talk to her... if she knows that a man and a woman have different "parts" (which she should) then you could just explain to her very simply, the basics of it. She may not be looking for all that drawn out of an answer anyway. If she is asking, she's not embarassed about it, so you shouldn't get that way either.

Oh and if you are going to give her the facts of how to have sex, give her ALL the facts... the consequences too! (pregnancy/STDs) And I would REALLY stress those consequences and their life changing results!!! lol Good luck!!!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 5:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Please don't put off telling her. A young girl asked on yahoo answers because her parents refused to tell her and I had to be the one to explain it. Everyone else just made fun of her. Please tell her before she asks someone else. I would just tell her what happens. Just tell her matter of fact like.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:51 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Just be open and honest, start small and let her ask questions as you go, if she wants to know how its done just explain that the penis goes inside the vagina and gauge her responces and go from there, she may not be looking for loads of information but as these talks go on definately stress all the responsibility and consequences of sex outside of marriage
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 5:53 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I would also be honest and tell her. She wanted to know and if it become akward for her im sure she'll stop you lol. I had sex before my parents gave me the talk and it was the worst choice of my life and to this day i STILL regret it
    Mommy2babie

Answer by Mommy2babie at 5:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• First ,how old is she? ALOT depends on how old she is! And did you actually say " Write the steps as if you were telling this to your daughter' ? Advice is one thing but it's gonna take a little more effort on your part I think. YOU are her mother. But I can't see giving any advice without knowing how old she is...
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• this is the way my mom did it. she got me some protection and said I'm not giving you permission to have sex and I want you to wait and make sure you save the special moment for someone you love but I also want to make sure you are safe. sex is something people do when they are in love and can be a good thing but not if its rushed. there are many consequences to choices that are made. stds, the experience of motherhood too soon, reputation, and heart ache.
    mommy2Jayden21

Answer by mommy2Jayden21 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• MY DOUGHTER IS 13 AND I HAVENT HAD THE SEX TALK WITH HER YET ! PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW U DID WITH YOUR DOUGHTER SO I CAN DO IT WITH MINE ! THANK U ! !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 7:49 PM on Nov. 27, 2009