My husband has the gift of gab...

he will seriously tell anyone who will listen his whole entire friggin life story and talk about his family in great detail, even all the embarassing details. He will get detailed about other family members as well, including brothers and his sister, and aunts and uncles of his.
My issue is that not everyone wants to hear this. No one is going to tell him to stop when he's been going on for a half hour or hour (you think I'm exaggerating) and he thinks since no one asks him to stop, he's fine. I think it's rude to think people even want to listen to 5 minutes of rambling, and kind of annoying that everyone he has a chance to he will talk about dirty laundry. It makes me think that nothing's safe even between us. Does that make sense?
He thinks I'm being overly dramatic and he's mad at me for saying something to him about it. I told him it's embarassing and rude to monopolize EVERY conversation with all about him!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I can kind of relate. My hubster is shy, but when he gets started he will share our budget and anything with anyone..plus he has the most boring job around and he will share every detail with it with anyone who will listen. ugh. He does not seem to notice that the conversation is over and people are trying to "get away"...this makes me sooo embarrassed. But, I love him!!
    ilovedogs1967

Answer by ilovedogs1967 at 6:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I'm sorry, but I giggled a few times reading this. Usually its the woman in the relationship that has trouble with this, but even some men can't keep everything in. Tell him that you don't appreciate him telling people embarassing things and to please restrict his conversations to "okay" topics. Whatever the two of you deem as okay topics. Then tell him if he must tell, then write a journal or tell you.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:06 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• He's probably mad at you because he feels embarrased by you telling him to stop. He shouldn't keep on. It's one thing to chat up about himself, but he should never disclose anything about siblings, etc. That's THEIR private life. They could take real offense to anything he blabs. Maybe if you approach it that way.....rights of privacy.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:08 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• OP here... ^^^ lol that's my hubby to a "t" he will just go on and on and never realize that the person is trying to get away from him! But, like you said i love him it's just soooo frusterating sometimes and he's acting annoyed towards me right now :) Oh well, hopefully he'll come around.
    Anonymous