At what age should you hide your naked-ness from your children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have no clue, but I'm wondering the same thing....
    Anonymous

• from my sons...I decided at about 3 and half. Maybe that's too old I dont know. I figure until they are potty trained cuz you have to show them how to do it when they are little like that so they aren't scared to use the potty. My mom never hid her nakedness from me cuz we were both girls and she didn't think it mattered.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Why hide it at all? The naked body is a natural thing. I for one think that so many kids have a problem with sex and talking to their parents about such things because it's hidden from them. I'm not saying walk around naked in front of them when they're 16, but be open with them. I will stop being naked around my son when he starts to be uncomfortable with it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I don't hide nudity from my daughter cause we are both girls but my son was around 3 or so. We talked about privacy and he hasn't wanted me to see him naked since around that point either so I give him that privacy, when he needed baths my husband took care of it. But he is ok with his sister seeing him naked cause she is little which is why he says it ok for him to see her naked and they will still take baths together
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 6:05 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• You'll be able to tell by the way they look at you.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• When they seem uncomfortable, it's time to stop.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:21 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• No clue. My boys have never seen me naked, though. I've never seen the point in it. I still cringe at the memories of seeing my mom naked.
    Anonymous

• good question i would say 5 or lunder
    Zandrialeann

Answer by Zandrialeann at 6:57 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I went with this..... When my son was old enough to express his own discomfort with it. I stopped.

simplee_me

Answer by simplee_me at 7:20 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• i agree with simplee...my son is almost 5 and he isnt uncomfortable seeing me undress...i've never acted like it has bothered me. I think all kids reach an age or a grade level anyways where they think seeing the other sex in the buff is gross
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 27, 2009