Has anyone received assistance from the federal govt's Rapid Rehousing Program?

My family and I are going to be evicted from our home and I've heard about this program for homelessness prevention from the federal government called Rapid Re-housing and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it and how long it took. I called the rep for my county and should hear from her on Monday.

Don't judge, my husband was laid off a few months ago and we've been surviving on my student loans. I live in MI where 200 people in suits stood in line at a job fair to apply for Lowe's and a gas station. I know I have internet but that's about to get shut off too.

YoungTwinMommy

Asked by YoungTwinMommy at 6:17 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have not heard of it. Have you tried to work things out with your landlord? 98 percent of the time we evict people it's because they aren't even trying or are avoiding us as much as they can.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:05 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I haven't heard of it either. I am sorry for your plight. Your state has been hit especially hard. lovinangels has a point. I know one of the mom's on here reduced the rents for her tenants when the economy started falling apart. She anticipated what was coming and I bet her tenants appreciated it...I know I would have.

On another note, Catholic Charities has a lot of different options and they can be found in many places. You don't have to be Catholic or even religious...just a human in need. Good luck and hang in there.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2009