if you're a sahm how do you purchase gifts for your dh for Christmas?

I'm just wondering where do you get the money from? This is my first year being a sahm and I don't know how I'm going to get a gift for my dh seeing as how I no longer receive a paycheck?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, since I always controlled the money I would just go out and buy him something. He never had any clue how much money we had and didn't care.
    Now I don't get him anything. I learned long ago (this is our 10th Christmas together) that he doesn't like the holidays and doesn't care if he gets anything. We rarely exchange gifts for anything. Anymore my problem is there is nothing to get him. Right now he just goes out and buys whatever he wants for himself whenever he wants it. He has every movie, every video game, every song he wants already. There's nothing left to buy.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:25 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Don't you buy gifts for the kids? Just act like that was where the money came from. Of course you have to use his money unless you want to make him a gift out of things laying around the house, lol. If he is really controlling about the finances, tell him its to buy him a present.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 6:28 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I just go to the store and buy stuff. He doesn't question my purchases.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:53 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Although my SO is supporting us finacially we share the money. We don't have a joint account but either he just leaves money in our money spot or I just ask. I never feel like I'm being controlled. I agree with youngtwinmommy. Just say u have to buy a few gifts and make sure u budget yourself to where you'll have enough money for all the gifts. It might help if you already have an idea of what the price range is for his gift. That way you'll have no problems. Then hide gift!! Lol now what to get him....
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 6:55 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• "His" money is our money! He has no special claim over it because he's the one out earning it! I do as much here at home as he does at work! He has never held it over my head that I do not have an income. And he better not!!
    Mommygoose

Answer by Mommygoose at 6:56 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I have my own accounts that hold money that I saved up while I was still working. Also, I'm in charge of all of  the family's finances as well. I have access to  and I'm in charge of all the money that comes into this house.. lol

simplee_me

Answer by simplee_me at 7:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• i usually just tell him the store i want to go to and he drives me there and tell him that i need some money to buy a gift and if he questions who i right out tell him its for him. ill pay for it and just double bag it if i can.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• well he tells me what he wnats and i tell him wether he can get it or not. for example this year he wnated moder warfare 2. nut he wnated now,. so he got his present last week. for fathers day he got a ps3 but last year he forfitted his bday and christmas presesnts to get his ps3
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:37 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• My hubs and I have separate accounts and I will buy him something with my money. If you have a joint account and you are in control of the finances or have access to the account then go out and buy him something he needs/wants. If he is in charge of the money then let him know that you want him to buy something for himself, or ask him for money so you can buy something for him.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:05 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Our finances are in joint accounts. it's "our" money, because I work with the house and the kids, and he works outside the home. I also babysit for extra money, so I often have my own money. BUT we don't exchange presents for each other, we just help the kids make gifts for each other. I prefer hand made items, and he also cooks me wonderful meals on birthday/anniversary and I cook him wonderful meals on Thanksgiving and Christmas. We like doing things for each other more than buying for each other.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:05 PM on Nov. 27, 2009