My daughter has these little red bumps all over her back and some on her shoulders and tummy so I took her temp.

Is 100.4 a normal temp rectally?

I took her temp because I read that is a rash is with a temp then she could have a viral infection. She has also been sneexing and has thorwn up a bit today. It is curddley and smelly not really like spit up at all.
I just dont know what to do. Please
She is 7 months old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For a 7 month old, 100 is a temp- but it isn't bad it is considered low grade. Babies really can go safely higher then adults. Honestly, if she's getting uncomfortable you can always give a bit of motrin or tylenol. Yes, the rash can be indicitive of a viral infection (but it could also be a heat rash, allergic reaction.....). The thing is, right now what she needs is time. Make sure she is getting plenty of fluids, dress her down a bit, you can give medications, cool rags on her forehead.
    reelo

Answer by reelo at 6:46 PM on Nov. 27, 2009