Has anyone received assistance from the federal govt's Rapid Rehousing Program?

My family and I are going to be evicted from our home and I've heard about this program for homelessness prevention from the federal government called Rapid Re-housing and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it and how long it took. I called the rep for my county and should hear from her on Monday.

Don't judge, my husband was laid off a few months ago and we've been surviving on my student loans. I live in MI where 200 people in suits stood in line at a job fair to apply for Lowe's and a gas station. I know I have internet but that's about to get shut off too.

YoungTwinMommy

Asked by YoungTwinMommy at 6:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• NO ONE SHOULD BE BASHING ANYONE ON HERE!!! TIME ARE TOUGH, MONEY TIGHT. MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN LAID OFF FOR 16 MONTHS SO I KNOW HOW IT FEELS. LUCKLY I HAVE A JOB I CAN PICK UP OVERTIME :). WE LIVE IN MY IN LAWS< THEY OWN 4 HOUSES, WE LIVE WITH MY FAMILY NOT THEM> HOUSE SO I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKNG ABOUT BUT GOOD LUCK AND HOPE YOU CAN FIND OUT MORE.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:52 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• You don't deserve nor will you receive any bashing from me. These are tough economic times and actually you need the internet to get your resume out there. It's more a necessity than a nicety. I don't know about the re-housing thing but I hope you find something that works for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Nov. 28, 2009