Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Well I found out that my Dh now will be ex, but I found out that he is working through somones elses papers and now wants to fight for our son. He is an immigrant and was wondering does he have the same rights as we do born here in the USA, as to visitation custody ect.?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • That is something that you really need to ask a lawyer. Is he here legally - like has a green card? Or is he illegal? That will likely affect things, but it is not guaranteed. I would file for full legal and physical custody on Monday.

    Answer by balagan_imma at 6:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

  • No he is here illegal. Do you know any good lawyers? I live in Greeley CO.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

  • On Monday go into every single law office that works with divorce and have a free consultation. They can't help your soon to be ex because of conflict of interest, even if they only talk to you.
    While you're doing that and screwing with your ex, you'll also get several insights to the whole process. Basically you're interviewing lawyers, since you'll be paying for them you find the one you fit best with.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.