• In the Spotlight:

Would you be worried if your baby

was sitting up on the floor (carpeted) and fell straight back onto the back of his head, and cried for a couple minutes then stopped, took a cat nap and now seems fine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OP- its not unusual for him to take cat naps, so i let him bc he didn't wake his head on a hard table or anything..i still just get worried about these things easily.
    Anonymous

• Nah- Happens all the time. When my son was about 18 months he fell out of a chair onto the claw of our china cabinet and had to have 10 stitches! I know he was older but it still scared me to death. I would only worry if his pupils were not dilating properly or if he seemed sore or disoriented but I doubt it would be a problem on a carpeted floor..
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I don't see how is could have actually hurt your baby. Sounds more like your LO was startled if anything. I wouldn't be worried over it.
    Anonymous

• Get used to it. They fall, stumble, trip, ALL the time. I think babies heads are made of metal or something. I mean if he can't hold his head up straight by himself yet I'd be concerned but if he's at the age where he's sitting up, rolling etc, I wouldn't be concerned.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 9:21 PM on Nov. 27, 2009