when do babies start rolling over? From back to side/stomach... or stomach to back?

My dd is almost 3 months and isn't doing either? Normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 4-5 mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:28 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Depends on the kid. My daughter started that at 7 months and my son started it at 4 months.
    Anonymous

• both mine did at 3 months. my first had them both down by 4 months but my 2nd is still working on back to tummy, he is 4.5 months
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• My 2 month old can go from his back to his side
    mommyof2boysmd

Answer by mommyof2boysmd at 7:34 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Yeah 4-5 months is average. Mine did it once at 3 months and then didn't do it again til around the end of her 4th month.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 9:18 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I've recently read in a baby book that some babies skip rolling over now that almost everyone puts their babies on their backs. It's harder for them to roll over from their back to the tummy so some don't roll over until after they are already crawling. My daughter is 3 months and she doesn't even attempt to roll from her back. When we're doing tummy time she does start to roll but she doesn't even get halfway there, yet. My SIL's baby started rolling at 4.5 months.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• my daugter was about 4-5 months when she started rolling over and about 6 months when she mastered it. i wouldnt worry about it.
    abersmom

Answer by abersmom at 5:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2009