Did anyone get hurt today? Black Friday shopping?

Just wondering. If you went out. Was it safe and orderly? No fights or anything? At Younkers I was told a fist fight broke out at Kohl's! Anyone else her of anything? Or were people behaved and minded their manners? I hope if you went out it was safe & happy.

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 7:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I only went out to return the movies we got to watch yesterday. It wasn't to bad at 4pm but I live in a small town.
    wolflinx

Answer by wolflinx at 7:59 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I was out shopping ALL morning. It was awesome, people were being really polite, courteous. It was fun. I had NONE of the issues that other people seem to have on Black Friday, and I never have. I went to big stores like Target, Toys R Us, KMart, and small stores like WalGreens, Michaels, Half Price Books, Borders, etc. The ONLY place that was sold out of what I wanted was Target, but not too disappointed since that was just the Pajamas, coffee pot, and $3.99 DVD's.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• People around here were very pushy! They were trying to shove people out of their way. I went at 10am! I got a few mad wives yelling at their husbands when they were trying to push me out of the way "SHE IS PREGNANT!" one lady actually slapped her hubby on the shoulder and said "can't you see her belly?!"

Anyway I was there for like 15minutes and left. It wasnt all that safe at my walmart... Atleast for me and my big 9 month pregnant belly
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 8:10 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• The people in the stores were ok, it was the people in the parking lot that got to me. I tried to keep an appropriate attitude, and I got a parking spot after 2 people had taken mine! I didn't get hurt, but my car almost did! I had fun too, a lot of fun being alone ,and with no kids. I took my time, had coffee, mcdonalds, etc. I would like to go shopping by myself that early in the AM more often! I loved not having traffic on the roads on the way there!
    kylesmom2007

Answer by kylesmom2007 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I was at Macy's at 5am and it was great. I got so many deals on baby clothes. I bought my DD a Christmas dress for 23.00 (originally 70.00), its gorgeous! I was at the mall so I stop at ESprit, the whole store was 50% off on top of clearance. ESprit is having the same sale tomorrow if you get there before noon. Its so worth it, the materials they use are so soft and durable. Everyone was polite, I thought it was a nice way to kick off the holiday season. BTW the key is to get there as early as possible.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• It seemed like everyone was tired and jaded. or maybe it was jsut me feeling that way.
    Anonymous

• I stayed home until about an hour ago but all I did was put gas in the car for my hubby before he has to go to work tonight.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I went out to walmart, the mall, and big lots. I must say everyone was very nice (to me at least) they were helping eachother too. It you wanted something but couldn't reach it, someone who was with reach of it got it for you. NO PUSHING, YELLING, OR FIGHTING!! It was a wonderful day with wonderful shoppers out there..Glad I went out
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I didn't have any problems at all. In fact if it wasn't for some of the other people shopping I wouldn't have found some of the things I was looking for. Everybody was really nice and polite. I'm glad I went out shopping because I got A LOT of my shopping done today and got a lot of good deals in the process.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Some older woman hit me really hard (it still freakin hurts!) in the back of my ankle with her cart, turned to me and said "I'm on a mission, babe." and kept going. Weird and rude but other then that everyone was polite. This was at Walmart. It was also my first time black friday shopping, it was fun! lol except I'm 8 months pregnant and had to sit on the floor in line at Kmart because I got super light headed. lol
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 12:37 AM on Nov. 28, 2009