Does anyone else feel this way?

WIC and my son's doctor are always telling me he is a tall skinny baby. (He is 18 months 30 pounds and 34 inches tall.) They always tell me this by looking at the growth charts and plotting out his score or whatever. There has been a large increase in childhood obesity recently. I think that the kids on the chart are overweight and my son is normal and quite healthy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I agree as well. My son is tall and skinny.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:21 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I got alot of crap from wic and the pediatrician about my daughters weight when she was younger. When she was 18mo old she was about 18lbs and 33in. She is just small, and very energetic! She will be 4 next friday and is 30lbs 39 1/2 in(finally in the 22nd percentile!), so she is definately growing! They have since stopped asking about her weight. I always thought it was rediculus that they would even question it since there are so many kids overweight these days. Makes no sense to me. My son is also tall and skinny, at his 5yr check up he weighed 38lbs and was 44 1/2 inches tall!!!! VERY tall and skinny, but very healthy :) So I do agree that if most kids are overwight than how does that fit on the charts??
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:26 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• And these are the people congress wants us to trust to administer all our critical medical decisions. Granted, it won't be WIC, per se, but they will be hired by the same requirements and system that hires WIC employees. Government does not belong in any capacity that requires compassion and decisions based on medical realities.
    Hope you can iron things out.
    Anonymous