When I get emotional, I get a head cold.

When I get emotional (really emotional- crying), I get tired and have a head cold the next day?

I understand our emotions play into our health, like how fast we heal, but I got laid off and had a rent scare and now my throat hurts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Health

• I get the worst stuffy nose for like 8hrs after so I kindof know what you meant. I have always heard that especially stress can affect ones health. Good luck!!!
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 8:52 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Stress does lower your resistance. I don't think a cold would come on that quickly- maybe it was already coming on and the added stress let it come out in full force. The cold coming on might even have contributed to your emotions. For me, sinus problems feel like a cold- sore throat, drip, and so forth. So crying might irritate the area, too.

Answer by Bmat at 9:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• It's likely not a cold - being emotional gets those areas swelled up & whatnot, and crying really tires anyone out. I feel the same way after an emotional day/evening, the worse it is the worse I feel the next day. It's not a cold, it's just the after-effects of the emotions playing out.
    Anonymous

• It takes 3 days to get a head cold so it's not from the stress the day before

Answer by admckenzie at 9:43 PM on Nov. 27, 2009