How old for whiskey?

How old does your LO have to be for you to put whiskey in their bottle for teething?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• C'mon now, you must just be bored and looking for conflict right?
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:34 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• 21!!!!!! Are your serious? You could kill your baby with just a drop of alcohol. I really hope, for your babies sake, that you are kidding. You NEVER NEVER EVER give a child any alcohol.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:37 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• KaRa: what are you talking about? My mom said she did it with me and my grandma said she did it with her and we both turned out all right. DS has been crying non-stop and Tylenol doesn't seem to work and if I don't get some sleep I'm going to be freaking useless for work.
    Anonymous

• tyfry: if you can kill a baby with a drop of alcohol then why am I and my mom still alive?
    Anonymous

• I have never done it for my 10 month old daughter but there are tons of older women and men that say they would rub whiskey on their children's gums. And, it actually worked according to them. My father said he did it with us, and I think I turned out fine. There has def been nights were she wouldn't stop crying and I thought about it. My dad said, just don't do it in public. lol I would never go thru with it because motrin works for her now but she wasn't able to take it until she reached 6 months.You can also try hyland's teething tablets, I found them at cvs or walgreens. Good luck!
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• 21

Try Hyland's teething tabs and frozen damp washcloths

Answer by rkoloms at 8:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• msfila: so you're just supposed to rub it on their gums?! I've been putting, like, and ounce in a bottle with 7 ounces of water. I guess I've been doing it wrong. LOL
    Anonymous

• a little bit of whiskey goes a looong way! it doesnt hurt. i have two teens they are just fine, and i did this for them when they were 2 months old. it does help.
    Anonymous

• I remember my friend saying once that those teething tablets can numb their gag reflex and because of that they're dangerous. I just figured the whiskey is the more natural way to go. I mean, people have been doing it for years and years.
    Anonymous

• OMG you are serious??? How can you laugh about putting alcohol in a BABY bottle and say its ok? Most 2mo olds are not teething, first of all. Second, babies cry. SOmetimes for hours, trying to get them buzzed is not the solution!! No wonder you are ANON. Terrible.
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:51 PM on Nov. 27, 2009