PIOG Can a child survive on milk and juice alone?

My DD, 8, has not eaten in 4 days. She isn't sick or anything it's a power thing I think. She is very angry over something between her father and I and has refused to eat until it's resolved. The thing is it's not going to resolve the way she wants it to. She is drinking 2-3 glasses of milk and 1-2 glasses of juice, orange mostly, along with water during the day. I know she will give in eventually but until then can she get sick or hurt by not eating real food? should I take her to the doctor or just wait it out? BTW she know we love her and all of that stuff.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I might give the doctor's office a call. I suspect that she'll be fine on this diet. It is a lot of acid in her tummy and might give her a tummy ache- reflux. But the juice contains vitamins and the mild vitamin D plus protein and calcium.

Answer by Bmat at 9:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• ^^^ the milk contains....

Answer by Bmat at 9:03 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Don't push her to eat, she'll do it when she wants to. Long as she does drink milk and orange juice, she's going to be fine. If she doesn't give in a 2-3 days, you should take her to a dr. She'll be fine without stable food for a few days. Generally, does she eat a lot?
    Anonymous