She stood me up again

Ok so today my friend and I were supposed to go see two movies. We were going to go in the morning to catch the matenea(sp)prices. So I get up and send her a txt asking what time to be at her house. I didn't get an answer, figured she was probably doing something for one of her kids so I go ahead and start getting ready. Call her after i get out of the shower no answer. Ok now I am starting to wonder if the plans are still on but b/c I live a good 20 mins from her I finish getting ready so when i hear from her I will be ready to go. Finish getting ready still no call from her so i call her again, again no answer. It just really gets me, she always cancels at last min. I mean anytime we make plans she may follow thru once out of every 10x's. 2 other x's w/in the past 6mths she cancelled the day of the plans. My time is valuable too. What would u do to get the point across w/out having to have a heart to heart?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• The answer is simple. STOP ASKING HER TO DO THINGS! when she wants to do something she will come to you. If it was me and when she did come to me, I would give her a taste of her own medicine... but I'm spiteful like that.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I don't think there really is anything you can do but have a heart to heart. I would just tell her that if she makes plans with you she need to follow through with them. But I don't think I would waste my time with her anymore. Like you said your time is valuable and doesn't need to be wasted with friends like that
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't make plans with her. If she would like to do something with you have her call the night before to confirm your plans. I would let her know that I need to know the night before due to her backing out most of the time. I would just leave her alone and make plans with other friends that like to hang out. Life is to short to wait for someone else that could careless if she went out or not. Go live!
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• The thing is I really don't ask her to do things. I'll mention I want to do something and she is the one who comes up with these plans and then is either a no show or cancels last min. I don't want to write her off, we have been friends for a while and is there for the big things but I don't have many big things going on anymore. And just the other day had a random talk about investing time in people who invest time in you lol. I was planning on being a bit spiteful by going to see the movie with a different friend and when she comes over to our house for poker night w/ her dh and asks my dh where I am at, having him tell her another friend invited me out.
    nurbabe82

Answer by nurbabe82 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I'd just tell her straight "You should have called" and left it at that.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:49 PM on Nov. 27, 2009