My Son got stitches in his scalp today, when can he shower?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Health

• I'd call the ER and ask them. Until then have him wear a shower cap while showering

Answer by admckenzie at 9:38 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• He shouldn't get them wet for at least 3 to 4 days depending on the severtity of the cut, shower cap, and no soap!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:10 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I'm the original poster: Cut is only three stitches, not deep. We are out of town so it was a doctor I don't know, and didn't think to ask at the time.
    Anonymous

• I would not wash hair in shower but use the sink to wash with a wash cloth trying not to get area with stitches wet. I had 66+ stitches in my scalp and was not allowed to wash hair until stitches were taken out. I had a friend come over and help wash without getting the area wet and scrape dried blood from area. It is gross but if you get it wet it will take longer to heal and possible infection. Call your personal DR or an urgent care in the AM and ask them what they think.
    Anonymous

• Original Poster: Thank you for the replies, I'll be checking with the doctor. I'm keeping him calm so he don't get all sweaty too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Nov. 28, 2009