How do you take this statement??

This is the response I got from a family member (by marriage) sent to me today after I emailed them that seeing her made my day and asked if she and her daughter would like to get together for lunch soon. Not sure I understand her response as she and I didn't have any heart to heart conversations at all yesterday... anyway....

If some one says to you that you wear your heart on your sleeve and how refreshing this is in this ugly world?? Does that mean to you that by wearing your heart on your sleeve your needy or what?? Just not sure what to make of that statement.

Anyway, I 'm just curious as to how you would take that response.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• It means that you are a very open and honest person, you show your true self and do not hide who you are or try to cover it up. Trust me, she meant it as a compliment. Her 'how refreshing this is' remark makes me think she does not see alot of people who are so open and honest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• No it means you are genuine and true, you should take it as a big compliment! It also means you don't hide your feelings, I get told this sometimes, not bad at all!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:41 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Wearing you heart on your sleeve makes you a noble, sweet person and everyone can see you are a class act!
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• To me it means that you show your emotions or feelings easily rather than hiding them. I'd take it as a compliment. You were very open about how seeing these family members made you feel, rather than keeping it to yourself. And it is refreshing to hear from someone how great just seeing you made them feel. It doesn't mean you are needy at all, it's a positive thing.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• It just means you are open and honest and sincere. It's a good thing.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• It means you have CLASS.... You are a real person inside and out and they are happy to have you. Your honest and open to the truth. It's a great compliment.
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2009