OMG

MY 3YR OLD SON WAS ASKED IF ANYONE HAS EVER TOUCHED HIM INAPRPRETLY AND HE SAID YES,WHEN I ASKED HIM WHO HE SAIUD HIS DADDY.NOW HIS FATHER HAS VISITAIONSZ EVERY WEDNESDAY TO SUNDAY.BUT IM SCARED TO GIVE HM TO HIS FATHER.BUT YET I DONT WANT TO GET INTO TROUBLE THREW THE COURTSZ EATHER.WHAT SHOULD I DO?I HAVE TO GO TO THE POLICE DEPARTMENT WHERE THE FATHER LIVES AND MAKE A REPORT OUT BUT IM SCARED CUS I DONT KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN.IM JUST TRYING TO LOOK OUT FOR MY BABY.IS THERE ANY OTHER ADVISE THAT CAN BE GIVEING BESIDES THE POLICE AND CPS?

BABII3D3BO

Asked by BABII3D3BO at 9:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What kid that age knows what inappropriate means? Did you have him go into more detail without giving him any details?

Anonymous

• 3 yrs old is iffy. he is not legally old enough to testify in court or even to a judge. you could probably get supervised visits.

Why were you asking him that question to begin with? What made you think about asking?

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• How does you baby know what inappropriately means?
    Anonymous

• UM, he probably doesn't know what that means, any other signs? you must tread very carefully!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• My older three year old knows what "inappropriate" means in relation to his behavior because I use that word. He would absolutely NOT know what it meant to be "touched inappropriately" though. You better tread lightly. It's very easy to lead a toddler...they want to please their parents. If you honestly have other reasons to suspect there is a problem, get him to a psychologist and let a professional handle it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• This is a hard one I ask my DD when she is in the bath if anyone touches her privates other than her because she is in pre-k and we talk about how it is her body and no one is suppose to touch it other than her and me and daddy for bathing, she has always answered no. I am freaked out because all these teachers and pastors molestation cases. It scares the hell out of me, you should ask more like why do you think daddy touched u inappropriately.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 2:13 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I would ask him to show mommy where daddy was touching him. If you suspect your son is being touched inappropriately there are doctors that can do assessments on the child that may indicate if such things are going on. If the doctor believes there is a possibility, then bring it up with a social worker. It is your kid and it is better safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• i would take him to the dr....while they may not be able to say simply touching, if there is anything more going on, a dr will recognize the signs....have you asked your son where he was touched? try using a doll and ask him to show you where. if you're concerned, talk to your attorney (if you have one) and find out what you can do to get to the bottom of this. maybe supervised visits...also, do be careful to accuse because a lot of 3 year olds don't understand that type of questioning. maybe his father spanked him....i tell me 3 yr old not to hit because it is inappropriate behavior, however she doesnt understand the difference betweem hitting and spanking. i'm not saying ignore or take it lightly, just chose your actions carefully...and go with your mom instinct, it's the strongest one you've got.
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2009