Why is it some family insist on giving advice/ when you did not ask for it?

allmomma

Asked by allmomma at 9:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Some are just that way, they think they know best. I usually just smile and nod as it goes in my one ear and out the other.
    Anonymous

• Not sure why they think it's welcomed if not ask for. Just thank them for their opinion and tell them that you will take it into consideration....then do what you want.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• My mother comments (usually negatively) on most things I say, do or wear!  And I take a lot of guff from her about my hair (it's long, straight and usually in a ponytail) It's frustrating! Other family members begin sentences with "You know what you should do" and then give me a blow by blow of what they would do. And mind you, I don't ask for advice because I'm not the type to take it! I don't care what YOU would do! lol But I agree with admckenzie, just grin and bear it and then do what you want. That's what I do...

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Everyone has an opinion. Whether positive or negative, they all have an opinion. Family/good friends think they're helping and sometimes don't realize they're not. It's natural for family/good friends to be nosy and want to inject their thoughts into your situation. It can be annoying, frustrating, and rude at times, but it is their way of shedding a different light on it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:29 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Great advice. I will have to smile and move on. Merry Christmas to Everyone
    allmomma

Answer by allmomma at 10:13 AM on Dec. 1, 2009