Has anyone ever shop at ALDI or BottonDollar grocery stores? What do think of the food quality especially the meats and stuff. i can do with the dry goods, but i am curiously about the meats and things. i need to scale on how much i am spending on food. if the quality is the same with the other grocery stores, but i can pay less...why not?

if you have shopped at ALDI or bottondollar grocery stores...what do you think of the quality you get for the price you pay compare to your Giants/safeway/harris teeter/wegmans or asian/international food stores. i want low price, but i dont wanna get sick. That might sound not so bright but what do you think of the stores.

FON

Asked by FON at 9:46 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Shopping

• I have to say, not a fan of Aldi meat! I shop the local sale ads for meat and stock up--here are the things that I found good if not better than regular store stuff
    peanut butter
    eggs
    butter
    cheese
    corn dogs
    most all chips
    most all canned veggies, but not the soups LOL
    rice mixes
    most all cheese including cottage cheese
    breads and buns
    the fresh vegetable selection is amazing esp. on Sat. morning, really fresh and cheap
    frozen pizza
    frozen pot pies the kind with the white chicken meat like Marie Collanders, the other one was icky
    bacon
    sausage
    I try one new thing each week to see how it compares, I figure I have saved almost $20 per week, I use cupons for name brand cereal, oatmeal, salad dressing, etc, one thing I forgot their walnut brownie mix was awesome, cake mix not so much, happy shopping, hope I helped,,,,PS Never ever buy the ketchup LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I have bought some meats at Aldi's. Mainly just ground meat. It wasn't too bad. Kinda greasy, but once I browned it, I just drained it and it was fine.
    I did buy the chicken breasts in a bag a few times and they were pretty good too. I don't know about the other store because I never heard of it! (I buy a lot of can goods at Aldi's and cereal and stuff, and they are always good)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I shop at Aldi's and have no problems at all. I found that the boneless skinless chicken breast in the bag individually frozen is the cheapest and comes with more breasts. I also buy the 3lb or 5 lb frozen ground beef nothing wrong just more fat ( drained off grease) . They use to sell ( well at least mine did) these mini rotiserri chickens they were so good. I wish they sold those again. They also have these ribs that are so yummy and worth the price. I never had any problems with anything I ever bought from there no matter fruits, veggies, meats fresh or frozen, dry .
    Anonymous

• I don't like Aldi's meat.
    Anonymous

• i have had the chicken breasts they speak of.. and they are great. their ground beef is good... the only thing i have had a problem with is their fresh veggies and fruit. i buy mine at jewel. they seem to go bad in a matter for a couple days. but maybe its just my store.. the other ladies say theirs are good. oh and ive bought their fresh pizzas.. they are good too!
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 11:27 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I have never had any problem with the meat at ALDI, I don't normally buy the ground beef but the rest of it I have tried. I normally shop ALDI first and if they don't have all I need I go to another store.
    Anonymous

• Aldi's isn't very good quality. They're like Save-A-Lot and get the aboslute bottom deal on the foods, so they can sell it to you at the absolute bootom deal. Which means the quality of the product isn't very good. It isn't giong to hurt you to eat it, but it isn't going to be a good quality like the other stores will have.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:26 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I've never bought meat from aldis.. Just haven't been brave enough lol. But I buy canned goods and some frozen items there.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 1:39 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Here are my best tips for saving at the grocery store: http://www.ehow.com/how_5223945_save-even-money-grocery-store.html

Send me a message offlist if you would like heathy, tasty, budget and family friendly recipes

Answer by rkoloms at 8:59 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• We shop at ALDI, i go there before anywhere. They have great dry foods, but I get all my refridgerated stuff at walmart, and foodland. The stuff from aldi expires quicker than the stuff from there. I buy most my meats from foodland, cause they will actually let you watch them cutting, and packing it. So you know its fresh, and no chemicals or whatever use. Walmart I usually go for the deals, sales and things.
    Anonymous