HELP!!!!!

I'm a babysitter, I'm 20 and I babysit two kids full time. The kids are 1,2 and 5 months. I see bruses on the kids' bodies very often and when I ask their mom what happened she always explains it like

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Call CPS and report it..and keep watching for more proof.

There really isnt anything else you can do...just hope CPS follows through
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:03 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Start by taking pictures of the bruises and when you have a few collected take them into the station and show an officer.
    Anonymous

• Its strange bfor the 5 month old to have bruises. Have you tried asking the kids what happened to them? I have a 2 year old and he has a different bruise every week, hes a little climber.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Is there a way you can get a voice recorder or something to place there while you are gone? They have some that will only record when there is noise. Maybe you can hide it and catch something on it.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 10:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I'd call cps. You might be held responsible for not reporting it if something terrible happened to the kids.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:05 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Well, some kids are just more active and bruise more easily than others. My kids seem to always have a bruise or two here and there. They run, they play, the fall or bump into stuff. My 8 yr old wasn't paying attention tonight and ran straight into the screen door. Didn't get hurt, but it did smart. So, before you take that step, I think you need to be really, really sure that their mother is abusing them, or that someone else is. IF, and I repeat IF, you are positive that she is doing something to these kids, then call CPS and report her. They'll investigate and determine if she is doing something to hurt those kids, and either get the kids out or get her the help she needs in order to be a proper mother to them. But again, be sure.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:06 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Nanny cam in reverse! I don't think it would cost too much to rent one for a couple of days. or a voice activated tape recorder, but that one is risky because the only ones I have seen are rather large, could you call CPS and ask them>is she a single mom? A 5 month old should not be bruised! What does your mother think, has she seen them> take care hon, but do something it you believe these kids are in danger, does the 2 year old shy away or act like he has been hit> good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:08 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I realize some kids are more active than others, but that little boy is very quite. And the baby also have scratches mostly. The kids can't speak yet, but I know for sure that the older one is VERY afraid of his mother.
    Anonymous

• Please don't misunderstand what I was saying before. I am NOT saying you're wrong. I think most people have a gut instinct for when something is wrong. And if you feel that something is wrong, then go with that feeling. I just was cautioning you, b/c you do say you're only 20, and you don't mention how many or how old your own kids are, so I was thinking that you might not realize how active some kids can be.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:17 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Oh, no, I know you're trying to help, thank you. I don't have any kids, I'm a college student. But I do have two baby sisters aged 3 and 5. Both very active, like trying to get hurt, but this is very different. Thank you though, I think I'm going to go with that feeling, as you said, because I'm sure something's wrong.
    Anonymous