freaked!!!

I am pregnant and was having some rather gross discharge with a mild smell. I went to the Dr. and was diagnosed and treated for bacterial vaginosis. the condition is not what I'm freaking out about. I decided to google BV and half the websites say it can be sexually transmitted and the other half say sex can aggravate it because semen change the Ph balance of the vagina. I do know that women who are not sexually active can also get it...but I'm still freaking out. Does this mean DH has been doing something with someone else? Many sites are reassuring because it says anything almost can upset the bacteria in your vagina...including the hormone shifts during pregnancy. I have no other reason to suspect DH of anything...and he likes putting his hands in certain areas and they have no always been recently washed. He also has a habit of hanging up towels that have been used, they dry, and I use it believing it is clean.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• NO!!! BV is caused by an imbalance in your vagina. Some men's semen aggrivates the woman's vaginal Ph more than others. I get this at least 2 times a year. It sucks- but don't be concerned about your husband has been with another woman. It is most likely caused by hormonal changes in your body (or by his semen). It is pretty easy to treat- but stinky:P
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:21 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• op-Could these things be to blame along with the pregnancy hormones?
    Anonymous

• Since you have no reason to be suspicious, likely your bout with the infection wasn't due to unfaithfulness on his part. Sometimes these things happen. It might be a good idea to ask the doctor about causes, even call the office and ask the nurse.

Answer by Bmat at 10:12 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• i would blame pregnancy alot of women get BV and yeast infections alot during pregnancy dont worry i doubt he's cheating and the towel thing wouldnt cause it cause i do that and i've never had either so thats not the cause pregnancy screws with the hormones and causes that you will be okay
    Anonymous

• Its to much of a coincidence that you would get BV when you were prego and you have never gotten it before. Now if you wasn't prego and you got it then I could see why you would freak.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• It seems like there are plenty of other reasons why you would get this condition. Just because it CAN be sexually transmitted doesn't mean that it was. A yeast infection can be sexually transmitted, but it can occur for plenty of other reasons as well. I would try not to let yourself get too stressed about this. It doesn't sound like you have any reason to suspect him.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:20 PM on Nov. 27, 2009