at what age do you let your daughter have sex?

my daughter is 13 and my mom let me have sex at 16 but times have changed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I know if my daughter really wants to, she'll find a way, and she'll be armed with the knowledge to do it smartly when the time comes.

But when I "allow" and condone it - is when she's married.

Anonymous

• Haha when she is 18 and can legally make her own choices
    Anonymous

• 18 for sure
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• let? lol i dont think it works that way. i would prefer for them to wait until they're married but in reality they're going to do it when they want to, i can only hope and pray that my advice and parenting will guide them to make good, responsible decisions.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Let? Never. When she is 18, she can make her own choices, but until she is an adult, I would not allow it. She might do it anyway, but that doesn't mean I would allow it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I'm sorry but there's not "letting" when it comes to sex. she'll find a way even if you forbit her. sorry :(
    Anonymous

• I agree there is no "letting." I'd say when she is able to support and take care of a baby, since a baby is often a consequence of having sex, even with good intentions of "safe" sex.

Answer by Bmat at 10:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• WTF?? Your question seems to suggest that you should let her start sooner. Quite frankly, I don't ever see a reason to give a green light for something like that. Are you just asking to ask, or do you think your 13 year old is thinking about it? Have you continually had open communications with her regarding the subject? What is your relationship like with her? I'm going to second Bmat...are you ready to raise your grandchild or ready to council your daughter if she gets an STD? Is your child emotionally prepared to deal with not only the possible physical consequences of sex but also the emotional ones? Does she have the self-control to make her partner put on a condom? Does she realize that oral sex can also spread disease (not to mention terrible rumors). I'm not a prude but it just concerns me that you are asking about a 13 year old.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 10:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I would never let my child have sex at any age. In our home you wait till you are married.
    seashore29

Answer by seashore29 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• LET! lol I would never 'let' my child have sex! If she is going to do it, then she is going to do it. I just hope that I will instill enough values and morals in her to wait until she is married and the time is right.
    Anonymous