My daughter is changing... Why?

I have a girl, 6 years old and she was the most active little girl!! Since she started 1st grade, she's been different, very quite at home and school. And she refuses to go to her ballet classes that she loved so much. I asked her teacher if something has happened that could be bothering my daughter, but the teacher said she's doing fine, but she doesn't seem willing to socialize.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• when I had a problem or I was acting strange, my mother would put me in the bathtub and make small talk with me. I'd eventually tell her what was going on without actually noticing it. there must be something that you and your daughter do and she talks her mind (maybe going for a drive or shopping??) just a thought. good luck.
    Anonymous

• It can be normal for kids to act like this. She could be intimidated by the new surroundings, bigger workload. She might have taken on a sudden shyness or nervousness towards social situations. Talk with your daughter and see if she can help shed light on what's bothering her.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:12 AM on Nov. 28, 2009