How can I stop my 1 year from hitting at me? He is totally different from my 3 year old?

He has done for a couple months now. I have tried the firm no and the walk away. But sometimes he just follows me down the hallway and tries it. He gets rally fustrated when I take something away he should not have?/etc. I wish he would not do it.

allmomma

Asked by allmomma at 10:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When he does take his hand and rub it against your face and say gentle, then rub his face with your hand then say gentle. Do it every time he tries to hit you. I had to do that with my son, eventually he will stop. It took my son 2 weeks of me doing this until he finally quit.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• he might want sthg. my 9 mths old son is hitting me when he wants to be pat at his back for burp - as only i do it he stops and undertakes when i stop till he acytually burped or he 'jumps, swing alike' in my arms whem he wants me jiggle him. i think this age kids just show us what they want much the only way they can. demonstrating. my boy is really v. well behaved.
    baby133

Answer by baby133 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• my little girl hits me in the face and i also rub her hand on my face after she does it and say love mommy..and she has been doing that alot more now
    claireanddan08

Answer by claireanddan08 at 1:03 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• when my kids wouldn't stop hitting I made them wear mittens for like ten minutes. I told them that if they were gonna be mean with their hands then their hands were gonna go on time out. it seemed to work.
    ilovedogs1967

Answer by ilovedogs1967 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I love the mittens idea. That is cute. I actually forgot about saying gentle and have been doing that and it has had great success. Thanks.
    allmomma

Answer by allmomma at 10:14 AM on Dec. 1, 2009