What happens to a baby born at 32 weeks...due to low fetal movement. Mom has gestational diabetes with history of HELP syndrome in last pregnancy. Honestly..asking about my sister.

Asked by morrisonmom at 11:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you know how to post a question, yet you dont know how to LOOK up your answer on Google or yahoo?

Answer by vbruno at 12:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I am not trying to be rude, but why don't you ask the doctor. This is the last place I would search for answers on such a serious topic.

Answer by Bevner at 1:01 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• One of my best friends had to deliver her baby at 32 weeks because of HELPP. Her baby was 3.5 lbs, and had to be on a ventilator for half a day. She was breathing fine on her own after that. The baby girl had to stay in the hospital for 2-3 weeks b/c she was having a hard time gaining weight. Everyone's babies are different, as you know, but this was the case for my friend's baby.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• it all depends on the child. Unfortunately there are no real answers to this question. There are way to many variables. I hope that all goes well for your sister. I wish I had a better answer for you! Sorry

Answer by jorbear at 5:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Everyone is different. I had gestational diabetis with my daughter. My water was nearly dry, and she was breach. I went into premature labor at 32 weeks. I had a caserean. She weighed 5lbs. 2oz, and was Yondis(Jondis?). No other complications. She is 11 now, and healthy.

Answer by Kirlycat at 1:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I had a 32 week baby and little wimpy wipe boy at that!! That is what they call them cause boys tend to be weaker and white boys weaker!! Just a little info....anyways he was on a vent for five days and in the unit for 4 weeks out of a possible 8!! Came home on my birthday...what a great gift!! He is fine and you would never know that he was premature!! It definatley depends on Mom and her pregnancy, I wish you guys the best!!

FYI for the ones to tell her to google....she is on CM to get advice not medical treatment (I am sure her sister will talk to the doctor), just some opinions or experiences!!

Answer by charityf at 4:49 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I had the same problem, my son was small, and healthy, he weighed in at 5lbs, now he is 6 foot and weighs 150 lbs, good luck

Answer by wildmustang08 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I would definitley ask your doctor this question.

I gave birth to twin boys at 32 weeks with HELLP Syndrome and by the grace of God the boys came out very healthy, at 4 1/2 LBS a piece! I on the other hand had to have an emergency c-section and almost didn't make it. They just turned 12 months on 6/21/08 and looking at them you would have no idea that they were premature.

Answer by Doubleaamom at 6:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I had my son at 32 weeks. I had PIH (high blood pressure) The doc had me shedule to be induced and 30 hours later I had him. He was totally fine,just small at 6 pounds. He had to catch up and he sure did. He's 17.5 pounds now!

Answer by thethrashersmom at 12:45 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Depends on the baby. I have heard that NICU nurses love it when babies are born 32 weeks or more. They don't have as many serious health problems like the ones born before 32 weeks. I am assuming she will get the steriod shots which will help alot. Baby could have a short NICU stay and could do pretty good as long as there are no other problems such as congenital problems. It sounds like I am playing it down but I am not. I would have given anything for my 26 weeker to be born at 32 weeks knowing what I know now. It really depends on the baby but let her know that the vast majority of 32 weekers do very good although there will be a NICU stay.

Answer by amandantravis at 2:55 PM on Jul. 26, 2008