can you give me the name of ONE government program that has made or saved money?

Just one?

Because that's how we are paying for the healthcare bill, right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Uhhh...well no i sure can't..
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:20 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Oh boo hoo! Society has to pay taxes for society. Why can't we just make and keep all our money. Who needs healthcare? Roads? Financial aid? Police officers? Public libraries? Schools? Law makers? Help to charities? or any of that other junk that we all contribute to and use?
    Anonymous

• No
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:41 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

•  Who needs healthcare? That is YOUR responsibility, it's not my fault you didn't plan. I had full health coverage and paid my 200 dollar deductible at 18 years old. What is your excuse?Roads? are state funded not federally. Financial aid? Depends on what financial aid... the one where you bust your butt through school and have an exceptional GPA that deserves an award then I do not mind it.  Police officers? Again city and state taxes pay them.

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:38 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Public libraries? are comprised of 50% local, 30% state, and 20% federal so don't mind those. Schools? Again by the city. Law makers? Who are crooks and hide assets and don't pay their own taxes... like oh I dunno Rangel and his 75,000 dollar oopsie. Help to charities? Charities take donations meaning you are not FORCED to pay if you don't have the means available! or any of that other junk that we all contribute to and use? Not all contribute and the majority who DON'T contribute are the ones USING it.

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:39 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Um.. I am going to go with Nursing Education Loan Repayment Program for Registered Nurses Entering Employment at Eligible Health Facilities. It has gotten 20 mil in funds and has made $18,901,576. BUT I believe that is because no one knows about this program so not many RN's apply so they dont shell out as much money as they would if everyone knew about it.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:54 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I can't think of a thing.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:10 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Nope nothing is coming to mind..

by the way good job crissy
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:12 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I googled it. I couldn't find any on a quick search. I could fine all the programs you want.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:25 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Nope. Can't think of a one.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:59 AM on Nov. 28, 2009