how would you like to give birth to your next baby in a toilet?

Like the women in england have to do due to lack of resources with their great government run healthcare?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1209034/The-babies-born-hospital-corridors-Bed-shortage-forces-4-000-mothers-birth-lifts-offices-hospital-toilets.html

Sign me up!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I fail to see how a space shortage has to do with healthcare policy.

You're not very bright then, are you?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:13 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• What about the woman in Canada who had to have life threatening surgery and thanks to their awesome health care she had to come to the states to do it.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:23 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I fail to see how a space shortage has to do with healthcare policy. On a side note, they really need to get more women to birth at home if they don't really NEED a medical staff. Most normal pregnancies don't.
    Anonymous

• Op here- lack of facilities due to lack of funding. Not really rocket science.
    Anonymous

• Ugh, all this makes me glad I'm done.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I was just reading about the very same thing! 4000 women turned away from the hospital because they did not have room. It's one thing to give birth in a car or elevator because the baby just comes fast, it's entirely another matter when that happens because a hospital says sorry we can't help you. Move along!! Our hospital is currently adding on some MAJOR additions and new buildings. All over town. Every time I drive by I think of how those buildings are going to end up empty when we have government run healthcare. Makes me sick. The profits they make are enabling them to bring in more specialists to our town and more facilities. Take that away and we are going to have far fewer doctors and facilities.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

You mean that elected Canadian official who campaigned against allowing Canadians to have private insurance on top of UHC or some other woman? There are so many it's hard to keep track.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Ugh, and the sky is falling too Chicken Littles! Seriously, no bill is ever going to be perfect for everyone. What they need to do is just get something done and then allow it to have enough room to be fine tuned. Even our forefathers knew that they weren't going to write the be all end all of political documents. That's why they allowed provisions for those documents to be changed as was necessary. However, with the way Washington is run now, if they were trying to write those same documents today, we'd have been reconquered by the British and we'd have their health care system anyhow! The problem is everyone seems to want it to be perfect. Good Luck with that.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Op here,
    The sky is falling implies there is no real problem. Giving birth in a toilet is in fact a real problem. We DO NOT need a bill that can end up this way
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Seriously, no bill is ever going to be perfect for everyone. What they need to do is just get something done and then allow it to have enough room to be fine tuned.
    ______
    So you want a bill full of nothing passed... so once it is LAW it is then tweaked? MEANING they can put in it oh I dunno one cardiologist per city/town or broken hips are not a necessity? YOU trust the government that much? That drink you got there must be strong!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:16 AM on Nov. 28, 2009